• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Anyone know any good pool workouts?

ThizzMon$teR

Bluelighter
I just moved into a new house that has a amazing pool (Which I'm grateful for because today my area hit 110 degrees at 11 in the morning) and i was wondering if anyone knew any good workouts in the pool besides swimming laps (Which is the best workout ever)

I read swimming a length underwater breath-held is good for the brain somehow! + U get the steadily increased indurance time.

compound large muscle group movements.

heres one.
-get in an area that is 1 and 1/2 times your height deep. I'm 5'8 so I need a depth of 8ft
-sink to bottom. You will have to expand some air from your lungs to sink probaly
-stand feet flat on bottom and in a bent over position with your arms ahead of you
-straighten to an erect position
-while coming to an erect position, push off the bottom of the pool and then use your arms to reach the surface. *after pushing off with your feet, use only the power of you arms to swim to the surface.

thats a good one

1. empty the pool.
2. fill the pool with small cup that you fill 4 blocks away.
3. run the whole time.
4. great work out.

^lol

you can get a cheap kickboard (or anything that floats really, just hold onto it out in front of you), and do laps where you're just kicking your legs and isolating the leg muscles. do all of the kicks, freestyle, butterfly, breaststroke, backstroke. the butterfly one will really work your abs.

Not sure what you are allowed in a non private pool but those noodle, foam things are great! You can do lots of things with them. So many low resistance ways to move that really do the trick. I also do speed walking which is a joke in water but it really helps me knee a lot! Treading in the deep end will help too as will swimming laps.